Random Chat

Page 26 of 29 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Random Chat

Post by JPB18 on Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:36 pm

LOL... Talking about the best games of 2009:

http://www.gamespot.com/best-of/game-of-the-year/index.html

And I was talking about the game, Thingy...

JPB18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaper(KF) on Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:39 pm

I finished the game. I absolutley loved it, wished I could play on after the main campaign. All the downloadable content happens during the campaign sadly...

It's a must play if you have that kind of rig, don't care for all the blood and gore (Trust me; there is alot.), and mature enough to deal with all the adult content. (It's not a really hard-core adult game but it says partial nudity, there is a "desire" demon, sexual content, you can have romances , and language on the box for a reason.)

Never knock on Death's door: ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that! - Matt Frewer
Reaper(KF)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Thingy on Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:46 pm

There's not that much gore, but the blood... Man, it's everywhere. Just have a look at the intro on youtube and you'll see. And yes, there's partial nudity. You know, sideboob and a little ass, the standard bioware load (probably going to increase in ME2 though).

It's one of the things that make bioware so good, they have the guts to fight the morons who try to keep gaming from becoming a storytelling platform on the same scale as movies and litterature(*coughfoxnews*cough*).
Thingy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Thingy on Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:21 pm

And JBP, i havent even played the game. I've heard it's pretty much a standard issue alien shooter though, so unless i pick it up on vuze, i dont think i'll be trying it any time soon.

I've also found this visual novel on the internet, according to the escapist, it's pretty good. Didnt read the entire review, but i'm going to try it anyways. It's kind of like a combination of a game and a book. It's only a story,no gameplay, but there are some places you can interract with the game and the text is vocalized. Just too bad the voice acting is japanese...
Thingy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by darkjedi on Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:47 am

Darkwing wrote:
darkjedi wrote:

Just find out how to do something you love, and then do it.

much easier said thn one. i've spent the last two years trying to figure out what exactly it is i love, because as you may have noticed, i like to do quite a bit, and unfortunately, one can't exactly train in a ittle bit of everything. and if they did, imagine how much it would cost!

It's interesting, during my week of absence, I realized that what I said was not what I really believe, but rather what the standard reply of the world would be.

What I said was not true. It was rather, incomplete.

I suggest that you don't only do something that you love, but something that brings lasting effects upon mankind.

When you think about people that bring lasting benefits to the world, you think of people like Doctors, writers, soldiers, politicians, etc.

Now you may already have it in your mind that you cannot become any of those. Too much school perhaps, insufficient funds, etc.

Nonetheless, if you take a step back and examine these so called meaningful careers, all of them are limited.

For example, a doctor can cure a patient, but he or she cannot save the patient from his almost assured fate of death. A doctor can do nothing but delay it.

A good politician (tell me when you see one btw), can only make changes to the country that they govern for their term/s of election. And even if those changes do bring lasting benefits to their nation, those changes are never able to purge mankind's most basic problems, like war, hunger, greed, and death.

A writer, is restricted by his own imperfect intellect that is based upon the wisdom and ideals of his predecessors; other imperfect men.

A soldier, has with only one life to give for a world ruled by men with either limited power, or corrupt hearts.

You get the picture. Those jobs now appear to be very limited, and mundane.

I find that it would be wrong for me to suggest that you pursue any career other than that of an evangelist.

And yes, as one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

We preach, and teach others so that they can live in world ruled by God that will be without war, hunger, sickness, or even death.
(Pslams 46:9) (Isaiah 2:4) (Pslams 72:16) (1 Corinthians 15:54) (1 Corinthians 15:26) (Revelation 20:3,4) (Pslams 37:10,11)

No other work can help give so much to others.

You will find that the bible, God's word, has the the answers to mankind's most perplexing questions. And, that it gives us a real hope for the future.

If you are looking for a life of pleasure, and material wealth, then this work is not for you.

You will not be rich, since God's people do not get payed or charge for their ministry work.
(Jesus said, "you received free, give free", so you'll have to have another job that actually pays money.)

This is the true path to the real life my friend, and I don't want to see you step away from it.

I know that you have probably already made up your mind about this, but it hurts me to see you go in any other way.

Weather you do or don't accept, this invitation is open too all who seek to worship the true God, Jehovah.
darkjedi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing on Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:06 am

i have already found him, and he is different then your god, or rather, your god is different then mine. But this is not a debate topic, and we've about bashed that topic to death between you and me

View user profile http://connexion.motionsforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by darkjedi on Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:40 pm

That's fine, I understand.

It just sometimes gets to me. I love people so much that I find it hard to give up on them.

But still, what can you possibly do that will be as meaningful as the ministry?

Heck, if you believe in your church, why not preach for that?

I'm serious.
darkjedi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Thingy on Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:57 pm

I dont think preaching is going to do anything. You might get one or two every month if you're lucky, but you'll mostly just annoy people by repeating the same message over and over and over. I do however think i might change my mind about god... But i wont believe in your god, or darkwing's god. I think god might just be a force of nature. Something to make the creation of the universe make sense, or take over where logic doesnt work. But i dont think he has any concepts of ggood or bad, or some world of torture to send the bad people and a world of snuggle puffs and unicorns to send the good people.
Thingy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by darkjedi on Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:58 pm

Interesting.

Have you ever read the bible?
darkjedi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing on Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:11 pm

ah ha ha DJ, but this is where you stumble. Preaching is not the only way to spread the word, God said to go forth into the world and spread the word in everyday means to everday people, not just the exclusive people who go to that Bible club known as Church. That is one of the major differences of the reformed Christians and the rest of them because we believe in actually going into the world into every facet of the world as much as possible to help spread the word through our toungue, deeds and actions. Now there is most definitely a line to be drawn and it comes from awareness and judge,ent, you don't go and be a murderer to try and spread the word to other murderers, it's counter productive.

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing on Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:13 pm

oh, the point of that post is that preaching is not the only way to live a meaningful life in front of God, living a meaningful life is doing what God calls you to do, be it to preach, make movies, invent medicine or just plain and simply work at your dead end job. The church has put too much exclusivity on who can be Christians and what you can and can't do to be Christian, I don't believe in that, thus I don't go to Church

Back to top Go down

Post by JPB18 on Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:28 pm

Do you wanna know which "God" do I believe?

Since the creation of religion, there has been a way to transmit their faiths... What I consider that faith is that what the archeologist call as the "Ancient Knowledge", which is in a way what the so called "Noetic Science" is now investigating (Yes, I know too much Dan Brown books...) which is the limit of the human mind... In several sacred books, there is the indication that "What is up there is similar to what is down here..." and much others...

In the buttom line, people search "god" (notice how I write it, btw...) outside... But they should search him inside...

With this I mean: There is no superior, omnipresent "god"... Each one of us is our own god...

JPB18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SilverShadows on Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:38 pm

ah damn it i missed the start of the connexions first religous debate
SilverShadows

View user profile http://brokenmirror.forumotion.co.uk/index.htm?sid=75fe96c9cfabb

Back to top Go down

Post by ToaKaita47 on Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:40 pm

Oh well.

I personally dont think I have a religion, but I do believe that there is a God within us all.
ToaKaita47

View user profile http://earthlink.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SilverShadows on Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:43 pm

yeh i am personnally not a fan of religion i generally take every chance to mock it for it flaws but i dont have a problem with those who are religous and dont anounce it to the world it just those people who have to bring god it to every thing that i have a problem with
SilverShadows

View user profile http://brokenmirror.forumotion.co.uk/index.htm?sid=75fe96c9cfabb

Back to top Go down

Post by Shemuel on Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:54 pm

That's fine. To be honest, I think we are all still half-baked and need to take time to decide upon our ideas. What worries me is people who assert their certainty even now, when I think we are only starting to have our own thoughts.

Oh, and merry Christmas and don't do something too stupid tomorrow night.

Shemuel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JPB18 on Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:10 pm

Right... Or you might start 2010 pretty bad Razz

JPB18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ToaKaita47 on Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:13 pm

I started last year in a...unique way. Not necessarily a bad way, but...just unique.
ToaKaita47

Back to top Go down

Post by Thingy on Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:03 am

What does that mean in pure english?

And i just finished that visual novel. Seemed that one was... Well, let's say nothing anyone younger than 15 should play... But the storytelling...Man, that was just amazing. In fact, it was so good, that your heart is made of stone if you're not touched by the story. I'd stop working on that torchlight review and review this one instead and recommend it to all of you if it wasnt for the not very child friendly scenes. Ah well... At least there was no tentacle rape... That's got to be worth something, right? Plus it was a pretty good cultural lesson.

Edit- I actually didnt finish it... It seems the game has three storylines, affected by your choices during the first part of the game.

Last edited by Thingy on Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Thingy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ToaKaita47 on Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:10 am

Thingy wrote:What does that mean in pure english?

Well, the experience I had was a...disturbing one. But I actually managed to save someone's life. I'll just leave it at that.
ToaKaita47

Back to top Go down

Post by SilverShadows on Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:50 am

well now were gonna have to give you a parade and the key to the forum lol!
SilverShadows

Back to top Go down

Post by darkjedi on Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:44 pm

Darkwing wrote:Preaching is not the only way to spread the word, God said to go forth into the world and spread the word in everyday means to everday people, not just the exclusive people who go to that Bible club known as Church.

You're mistaken, we are to preach to all of the nations. Not just people within our religion.

Maybe you misunderstood what I meant by the word "preaching". When I say that I go preaching, or ministering, I'm talking about going from house to house, door to door, and talking to all of the people I see on the streets and whatnot. That also means going to places in distant lands, wherever the people are.

This teaching/preaching/ministering work (whatever you want to call it), is being done by Jehovah's Witnesses all around the world.

In 2008, worldwide, Jehovah's Witnesses spent 1,488,658,249 hours in our preaching and teaching work. And that time resulted in 7,133,760 bible students.

And our bible based publications that we often place with people, the Watchtower and the Awake magazines, are the most read religious magazines on the planet.

Every second of every day, Jehovah's Witnesses are out in this volunteer work.

Like I've said before, we do this work because of our commission to preach to all of the nations, as mentioned in the bible.

No other religious denomination in the world has such a work like that of Jehovah's Witnesses.

And if baffles many to think that we operate on voluntary donations. LOL

If you want to actually know how we operate, read this:

http://www.jw-media.org/aboutjw/ministry.htm
darkjedi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Thingy on Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:38 am

Well, the review of Torchlight is up. Read it or i shall do this the next time you're having burgers with a friend! (Skip to 5:18 if you're impatient and want to miss one of the most awesome scenes from an awesome movie)

Spoiler:

Thingy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkwing on Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:53 am

darkjedi wrote:
Darkwing wrote:Preaching is not the only way to spread the word, God said to go forth into the world and spread the word in everyday means to everday people, not just the exclusive people who go to that Bible club known as Church.

You're mistaken, we are to preach to all of the nations. Not just people within our religion.

Isn't that basically what I just said?

Back to top Go down

Post by JPB18 on Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:01 pm

Indeed... but you know how religious people are... Always like to say the things others say but at his own way...

JPB18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 29 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top